Friday, April 9, 2010

A case of the sniffles

Feel like going through a box of tissues this morning?

Well, you came to the right place as this post from io9.com runs down 15 of the Biggest Tearjerkers in Sci Fi Movies.

I agree with most of their choices (the recent WALL-E is a no brainer), although I don't think Wash's unexpected (and unnecessary) death in Serenity invoked tears as much as anger and shock (I think Book's death in the same film was the demise that evoked more tears).

I wasn't able to catch Dr. Who growing up so I never sought out the latest revamp that began with Christopher Eccleston and then David Tennant. Yes, I know I have A LOT of catching up to do, but that clip of Rose the companion (Billie Piper) and the Doctor saying goodbye was absolutely heartbreaking. I now need to start saving to buy the entire DVD set that culminates in that incredible goodbye.

If you want a good cry straightaway this morning, watch that first.

No comments:

Post a Comment