Saturday, March 21, 2009

Go Ahead, Write My Day

My friend D sent this link, an interview with writer/director John Milius. http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/09/john.milius.movies/index.html

Milius has had a hand in writing not only great movies like Dirty Harry, Jaws and Apocalypse Now, but also crazy 80s genre-gems as Conan the Barbarian and Red Dawn as well.

That being the case, I present the writing career of John Milius in less than one minute:

"Wolverines! I love the smell of napalm in the morning. I know what you're thinking. Charlie don't surf! I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

No comments:

Post a Comment